West Road Primary is an exciting, happy and vibrant learning community – we are all learners. We hope you enjoy looking around our site. If you are inspired, we would love you to come along and see for yourself what we are really like.
At West Road we put children at the heart of everything we do. We believe that every child can achieve amazing things and it is our job to deliver a rich and personalised education, unlocking doors and creating a love of learning, so that every child is empowered and has the opportunity to choose their own future. We provide a nurturing, inspiring environment, maintaining high expectations and challenge in all that we do – enabling each child to develop the resilience, confidence and independence required to succeed.
All that we do is underpinned by our West Best Skills For Lifelong Learning
|Taking care of ourselves and each other||Reflect and evaluation|
|Respect, understanding and tolerance||Confident communication|
|Community and teamwork||Risk taking|
|Enquiry and exploration||Independance|
|Problem Solving||Making the right choices|
TO LEARN, TO GROW, TOGETHER…
- At West Road Primary, children are at the heart of everything we do.
- We know that education ensures choice, choice creates opportunity – education, choice and opportunity are the keys to unlock a limitless future for every young person.
- We offer an irresistible invitation to learning – an exciting, lifelong adventure. We turn mirrors into windows.
- We will inspire – the child who loves learning has everything within their reach.
At West Road we…
- In partnership with parents, governors and the wider community, staff and pupils ensure a welcoming, caring, safe and secure environment and to ensure a learning culture of continuous challenge and high expectations.
- Ensure that the academic and personal. development, is of the highest possible standard
- Ensure teaching and learning of the highest quality.
- Deliver a stimulating, creative and enriched curriculum for all children.
- Enable young people to think for themselves, to take responsibility for decision making and to become independent, critical thinkers, developing skills necessary for succeeding in an ever-changing world.
- Raise the confidence, self-esteem and sense of self-worth of every learner through celebration of all achievements.
We will provide all our pupils with the widest possible experience – the West Road Pledge was written by children and adults working together.
By the time they leave Year 6, we pledge that every young person will have had the opportunity to:
- Represent our school in a competition
- Visit a beach
- Build a den
- Build models using real tools and materials
- Experience an animal first hand
- Have a school picnic with the school community
- Experience a theatrical performance
- Help somebody in our community
- Prepare a meal
- Experience another culture