Parents often ask how they may help their children at home. There is no single answer but you may find some of the following advice helpful:
- Do make sure that your child has enough sleep.
- Do make sure that they arrive at school on time.
- Encourage children to ask and answer questions.
- Answer questions as fully as you are able.
- Read regularly to your child, and let your child see you reading.
- Listen to your child reading books, signs, shopping lists etc.
- Play word games such as I Spy and Scrabble.
- Join the local library and encourage regular visits together.
- Ask your child questions that need answers using Mathematics e.g. “What is the number of our house?”
- Play number games such as Snakes and Ladders, and Ludo.
- Involve your child in measuring and estimating in he home.
The school’s Homework policy is available upon request.