School meals are provided free to all children in Reception to Year 2 under the government’s Universal Free School Meal legislation. However, if you are in receipt of certain benefits (see below), please contact the office as you might also be eligible to free school milk by applying for statutory free school meals.
For children in Years 3 to 6, school meals are £2 per day unless you are entitled to statutory free school meals. Please contact the school office if you are unsure of your eligibility for free school meals.
For all NEW, successful free school meal applications, your child will receive a £50 uniform voucher. Please see the school office for more details.
Free school meals can be applied for online at
If you don’t have access to the internet or are unsure of how to apply, Mrs Tuplin in the office will be happy to help you.
Your child will be eligible for free school meals if you are receiving one of the following benefits or support:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and your annual income is below £16,190 (as worked out by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less than 16 hours per week
You are not entitled to free school meals if:
- You received Working Tax Credit except where the ‘four week run-on’ applies as described above.
Summer 2017 Menus start w/c 24/04/2017